Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Restoration Begins

A long awaited restoration of my 67 VW Fastback has finally begun!  Thanks to my assignment in Louisiana in 2012 I finally have the space, means, and most importantly the time to begin a ground up resto.  I started the project back in June of 2012 so I've some catching up to do on all the build details.


  

The car joined my family back in 2002 shortly after I wrecked my first car, a 66 VW Fastback.  A front end wreck destroyed the first project, but shortly after I managed to find this engineless, incomplete, but solid car in Freemont, CA.  At the time I was 17, so my amazingly supportive folks put a trailer hitch on the family van, rented a U-Haul trailer, and made the 6.5 hour trek from Wrightwood to Northern Cal.  Since the whole drive train and rear suspension were salvageable from the first car, I made one car of the two which propelled me through my remaining years of high school, and first year of college.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment