Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Christmas 2012

Conveniently vacations back home put me in So Cal near most of the major vintage VW parts dealers.  During my trip for Christmas 2012 I was able to make stops at West Coast Metric, ISP West, a few choice junk yards, and a specialty shop or two.  The car will get all fresh rubber (windows, wings, doors, lids, every grommet in production, fender beading, rear quarter intake seals, molding seals, light seals, etc), anything that isn't reproduced gets a scrub and refit.


Also picked up a high quality item from Scott Stuart of PeddleWerks in San Bernardino, who was kind enough to take my order from Afghanistan.


Custom peddle box:  Clutch roller conversion, reinforced throttle slide, all smoothed out/filled and chrome plated, with a billet gas peddle.  I love how the billet peddle is the same style and dimensions as the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment